Happy Friday! Yay the weekend is almost here!
Yesterday I had some time to bake. I have been craving baked goods fresh from the oven… don’t you love the smell?
I had some delicious fruit in the fridge (blackberries, blueberries and cherries) so I decided to make my own creation with a little help from Gina at Skinnytaste.
Fruit & Oat Muffin Tin Delights
Ingredients (Makes 12 delights)
- 1 cup quick cooking oats – gluten free if necessary
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, divided
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon, plus more for sprinkling
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup of honey, plus more for drizzling
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- AND fruit! I used: banana slices, blueberries, blackberries and cherries.
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Spray a muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
3. Layer fruit on the bottom of the sprayed tin. My family likes different things so I made a variety of combinations:
For me, I used 3 banana slices with 5 blueberries.
For my mom, I used a few cherries (pitted and sliced of course)
For my sister, I used a couple of blackberries and blueberries.
And for my dad, just blueberries.
**Save a few berries to sprinkle on-top later**
4. Sprinkle the fruit with cinnamon and a drizzle of honey.
5. Bake, covered with foil, for 15 minutes.
6. Meanwhile in a medium bowl, combine the oats, half of the chopped walnuts, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
7. In a separate bowl, whisk together the honey, skim milk, egg and vanilla.
8. Remove the fruit from the oven.
9. First, evenly distribute the oat mixture over the fruit. Then, evenly distribute the milk mixture. Finally, sprinkle with the rest of the walnuts and berries.
10. Bake for 30 minutes and enjoy warm from the oven.
You might also like: