Surprise! You weren’t expecting me today now were you? I know, I know: try to contain your excitement.
Anyways, I found myself with a little extra time this week and a little bit of a sweet tooth so wanted to whip up a treat.
Super simple and perfect if you’re in need of a last minute treat for your special someone tomorrow. Or for yourself… that’s why I made them.
If you know of a single, smart, active, funny, professional, Toronto man who thinks sunflower seed butter, pumpkin, coconut oil and chocolate chips qualifies as dessert – send him my way.
Hope you enjoy!
Chocolate Chip Sunbutter Fudge
Adapted from my Sunbutter FudgeIngredients (Makes 20 pieces)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup sunflower seed butter
- 1/4 cup honey (vegan option: replace honey with maple syrup)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips (I use the Enjoy Life brand)
1. Line a 8×8 baking dish/pan with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Combine all the ingredients, except chocolate chips, in a mixing bowl and mix until smooth.
3. Gently fold in chocolate chips.
4. Pour mixture evenly into the parchment-lined baking dish (smooth with a spatula).
5. Place in freezer for about an hour, or until solid.
6. Remove from freezer and use a knife to cut into 20 squares.
7. Enjoy and keep leftover fudge stored in a sealed container in the freezer!
Questions of the day…
Do you have any Valentine’s Day or fun weekend plans?