Did you know that sunflower seed butter tastes like peanut butter? Well it does. Coming from the girl who used to be peanut butter obsessed, this is quite the revelation. And best of all: it doesn’t upset my stomach. Double win.
I realize it’s Halloween in a few days and you might choose to overdose on Franken-food and sugar (if that works for you… go for it) but in case you’d like to keep things un-processed yet still delish, I’ve got you covered.
One bowl, no mess and should hit every dietary restriction out there. I know I am a little biased but I highly recommend these.
Adapted from Taylor Made it PaleoIngredients (Makes 20 pieces)
- 1/2 cup sweet potato puree (substitution option: pumpkin puree)
- 1/2 cup sunflower seed butter
- 1/4 cup honey (vegan option: replace honey with maple syrup)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- a few tbsp. of coconut flakes (for sprinkling on-top)
1. Line a 8×8 baking dish/pan with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Combine all the ingredients except the coconut flakes in a mixing bowl and mix until smooth.
3. Pour mixture evenly into the parchment-lined baking dish (smooth with a spatula).
4. Sprinkle coconut flakes on-top of mixture.
5. Place in freezer for about 2 hours, or until solid.
6. Remove from freezer and use a knife to cut into 20 squares.
7. Enjoy and keep leftover fudge stored in a sealed container in the freezer!
Questions of the day…
What’s your favorite treat? Any Halloween plans?
Keep in touch:
Twitter –> @thelilhoneybee
Instagram –> thelittlehoneybee
Facebook –> The Little Honey Bee
Pinterest –> thelilhoneybee
Bloglovin –> The Little Honey Bee