So after proclaiming my annoyance with all things pumpkin, I make these.
Oops. But I still feel like I am being a pumpkin/fall-rebel by maintaining my summer nail polish. And it’s just the seeds – no pumpkin purée or pumpkin spice so I don’t feel like a total hypocrite.
It’s almost two weeks of going nut-free and so far so good: no tummy-troubles and break-out free. Success. Okay after typing “break-out” I thought about Breaking Bad. Up until like 3 days ago, I’ve never watched it (I know, I know). But Lesley has been binge-watching it and now I am totally hooked. Note to self: don’t start an insanely-amazing-and-addicting-TV-series in season 4. Now I’m going back to season one…
Anyways, given my nut-free-ness, I sought out to create a delicious nut-free bite. Pumpkin seeds, dried cranberries, flaxseed meal and a few other simple ingredients make for this quick nutrient-dense snack. Sorry, but you do need a food processor for these guys. I think I am going to try my almond butter bites (no food processor required) with sunflower seed butter next time – seeds have so far been okay for me.
Hope you enjoy!
Cranberry Pumpkin Seed Bites
Ingredients (Makes 10 bites/balls)
- 1/2 cup raw, unsalted pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup flaxseed meal (ground flaxseed)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened, dried cranberries (I buy this brand)
- 2 tbsp. honey (vegan option: maple syrup)
- 1.5 tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
1. In a food processor, blend pumpkin seeds and flaxseed meal until seeds are broken and combined.
2. Next, add the dried cranberries, honey (or maple syrup), coconut oil, cinnamon and blend until the mixture combines and is sticky.
3. Transfer mixture to a bowl and use your hands to roll into 10 golf-ball-sized bites – it is helpful to wet your hands with warm water if you are having trouble forming the bites.
4. Store in the fridge in an airtight container – will keep for a few weeks.
Questions of the day…
What’s your favorite part about fall?
Breaking Bad? Yay or nay?!
Keep in touch:
Twitter –> @thelilhoneybee
Instagram –> thelittlehoneybee
Facebook –> The Little Honey Bee
Pinterest –> thelilhoneybee
Bloglovin –> The Little Honey Bee