Guys. It’s Friday. Oh happy days! I’m not sure how I have a recipe for you today but I do.
There’s something about apple, chicken and sweet potato. Have you tried this winning trio yet? If not, you are seriously missing out. Marisa got me hooked on these flavors with her amazing hash recipe – she’s a genius I tell ya! There’s also something about spiralized veggies. They are awesome. I’m clearly obsessed.
I think this burger is my most liked pic on Instagram – and we all know our lives are measured in Insta likes. No but seriously. Instagram likes confuse the heck out of me. Some pictures I think are amazing and get minimal likes. Others I think aren’t so great (like the first picture of the dinner I posted with this burger) and they go viral. Not actually viral but you know what I mean.
Anyways, everyone likes burgers but sometimes ground chicken can be a little dry and bland. So I added apple to them to keep them moist – I know, I sound like such a pro in the kitchen. Kidding. Do you hate the word moist? Sorry…
I basically made these burgers so I could make Ali’s famous sweet potato bun – the spiralizing queen. Did you hear that she just signed a cookbook deal?! So amazing! Enjoy these burgers. And the buns.
Apple Chicken Burgers
Ingredients (Makes four patties)
- 1 lb. organic ground chicken
- 1 apple – I’ve used granny smith and gala
- 1 small onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Peel and dice the apple into small pieces – you can use a food processor or grater if you want very fine pieces.
3. Dice the onion as well.
4. Heat the coconut oil in a small pan on the stove. Once hot, add the apple, onion and garlic.
5. Sautee for 3-5 minutes – until the apple softens and onion browns. Remove from heat and transfer to a medium bowl.
6. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well – I totally used my hands and it is helpful to wet your hands a bit because it gets sticky.
7. Form four burger patties and place on the baking sheet.
8. Bake for 15 minutes, remove from oven and flip patties.
9. Once flipped, return to oven and continue baking for an additional 7-10 minutes.
10. Serve on a sweet potato bun with tomato, avocado or whatever your heart and tummy desires – enjoy!
Questions of the day…
Are you as confused by Instagram likes as I am?
How was your week? What are you up to this weekend?
Keep in touch:
Twitter –> @thelilhoneybee
Instagram –> thelittlehoneybee
Facebook –> The Little Honey Bee
Pinterest –> thelilhoneybee
Bloglovin –> The Little Honey Bee