Hi friends! I’ve been meaning to share this super easy snack with you for awhile. Its been a really busy and tiring week so I’m glad I had this recipe drafted. It’s that pre-holiday time isn’t it? I have not been getting my usual 7-9 hours of sleep each night and I’m feeling it. I’m not a caffeine person but I now better understand why people drink coffee.
Anyways… these squares.
There’s really not a whole lot to say about this recipe…
- I like Rice Krispie Squares
- I don’t like the ingredients label
- I bought a huge bag of brown rice crisps awhile ago
- I didn’t know what to do with them
- I threw three ingredients in a bowl and hoped for the best
Done. It seriously does not get easier than this.
Healthy Rice Squares
Ingredients (Makes 8 squares)
- 1 1/2 cups brown rice puffs
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup sunflower seed butter — any nut/seed butter would work
1. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl combine all ingredients.
3. Once combined, press mixture into the bottom of the loaf pan with a spatula (or your hands).
4. Refrigerate for one hour before cutting into 8 squares.
5. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to two weeks.
Questions of the day…
How is your week going?
How many hours of sleep do you usually get per night?
Are you a caffeine/coffee drinker?