You guys. These pancakes. Are ridiculous.
And you know my love for pancakes.
I have been eating these pillows of heaven all week. Sorry that I waited until Friday to share them but better late than never right? Just in time for the weekend!
I would have never thought I could eat chocolate pancakes for breakfast multiple days in a row. Calories! Fat! Sugar! I’m going to be bloated, gain weight, feel gross… no way! Pshhhh good thing I have learned a lot since then. Buckwheat flour, cocoa powder, hemp protein and apple sauce combine to create this awesome breakfast. Please make these… and send me a picture.
But wait! Not feeling buckwheat, cocoa, hemp or apple sauce? Then head over to the North Coast Naturals blog where I am stopping by for another pancake creation… using coconut flour, egg whites, brown rice protein and banana. Yup… TWO pancake recipes on this glorious day :)
Brownie Batter Pancakes
Adapted from Kiss My Broccoli
Ingredients (Makes 1 serving)
- 1/4 cup buckwheat flour
- 2 tbsp hemp protein powder – I use North Coast Naturals
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup apple sauce
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of honey
1. In a medium bowl, combine buckwheat flour, protein powder, cocoa powder and baking powder. Set aside.
2. In a small bowl, combine almond milk and apple cider vinegar and allow to set for 3 minutes.
3. While you are waiting for the milk and vinegar to set, heat a large pan over medium-high heat.
4. Add the apple sauce, vanilla and honey to the almond milk mixture and combine.
5. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until combined.
6. Spray pan with cooking spray and drop 1/4 cup measures of batter into pan – forming four pancakes.
7. Allow to cook for 4-5 minutes (until the edges are turning darker brown) and flip to continue cooking on the other side.
8. Cook for an additional 3-4 minutes until both sides are golden brown.
9. Transfer to a plate and top with fruit or any other toppings of your choice.
Hope you have a great weekend!
Questions of the day…
How has your view of food changed over time?
Do you eat chocolate for breakfast?