I have clearly been running and thinking about running a lot. Like more than anything else. Like I don’t even have a meal plan or workout schedule this week… who am I?!
Running my first half-marathon this weekend was a truly incredible experience. I am still soaking it all in — and my sore body is a constant reminder. I have learned so many things about training, racing and myself.
But now that I am not training for a race (yet…) I am excited to have a bit more flexibility to hang with friends, drink some alcohol, tackle WODs and get my downward dog on. Oh don’t get me wrong. I most definitely will run… just me + running in the winter = cranky-pants. Working on that.
Today I leave you with some final post-half-runners-brain thoughts.
1. Run at 5am. It’s cold and dark, what’s not to love? But seriously, you feel awesome running while the city is still asleep.
2. Wear hot pink running gear. It’s pretty.
3. Eat lots of banana and peanut butter. Delicious and nutritious.
4. Listen to One Direction and Britney Spears. It’s a new thing: dance-running. “Baby you light up my world like nobody else…” (Arman I’m singing to you)
5. Buy awesome shoes. They make you feel cool and
fast okay cool.
6. Get a massage after every race. It’s totally worth it.
7. Don’t get pedicures. It’s just not worth it. Runners feet are inevitable. Gross.
8. Take baths. Well take a shower first, then take a bath because sitting in your own dirt is gross. But then take a bath. They feel awesome.
9. Eat a lot of food. Food is good. And your body needs it. Carbs! Protein! Mmmmm.
10. Don’t do drugs. You don’t need to if you run. Take that Afroman.
11. Ice. It’s freakin’ freezing but better than broken knees.
12. I don’t really have a 12th thought but leaving it at 11 looked weird. Odd numbers are, well, odd.
Happy Tuesday friends!
Questions of the day…
What are some of your running thoughts?