I made this delicious “porridge” last week. The combination of the eggs (or whites), almond milk and flax seeds create a protein-packed-porridge-like consistency — without oats! Since it’s October it is definitely time for a pumpkin recipe… because all the cool kids are doing it.
Adapted from Paleonit
Ingredients (Makes one serving)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 2 tbsp. whole flaxseeds or flaxseed meal
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- toppings (almonds, raisins sunflower seed butter…)
1. In a small pot, bring almond milk to a boil.
2. Once boiling, lower heat to medium-low and mix in eggs, stir frequently and vigorously.
3. Once the almond milk and egg start to thicken, add the flaxseeds, pumpkin, vanilla, and cinnamon.
4. Stir continuously for about three minutes (work those arms!) until the mixture has thickened.
5. Top with almonds, raisins, sunflower seed butter, etc.