Hi friends! Happy Monday… let’s make it a good one!
I don’t usually do a “weekend recap” because I fear I will bore you all. So consider this a few notable things from the weekend that I hope (fingers crossed!) you might find interesting/helpful/maybe funny/but totally un-boring.
Here we go:
1. Finally found PB2 (powdered peanut butter) at Ambrosia Natural Foods… yay! So apparently you can’t melt it in the microwave… it totally hardens. Fail.
The trick to make melty PB2 for the perfect pancake topping? Add more water! Lesson learned.
2. Conquered 12km (7.4 miles), my longest distance ever… in the pouring rain. (1:00:04)
I did NOT want to go but dragged my tush out the door… what if it’s raining on October 20th?! I can’t just not run the half! So I sucked it up, ran, got soaked, came home, made tea and pancakes. Success.
3. Organized my shelf in our pantry. My wonderful parents allowed me to take over a bigger shelf and I’m a total nerd so this made me super happy. I might never move out now…
…oh my gosh totally kidding! #needamoveoutfund
4. Had a lovely afternoon with Davida at St. Lawrence Market and scored some awesome food: dehydrated beet and green bean chips (seriously amazing), shelled pistachios (no more chipped nails), heirloom tomatoes, nectarines…
and kabocha squash! Mission accomplished.
I have yet to try this hot-topic squash so after using multiple knives (and Dad’s manpower) I roasted the kabocha with a drizzle of olive oil for 20 minutes at 400 degrees F. Served it with some of my other market finds…
5. Kabocha verdict: LOVE. Well, minus the skin. The skin did not do it for me. The squash is sweet, soft and all around delicious. Should have bought more than one!
Well… did I bore you? Hopefully not! Maybe you’ll try PB2, run in the rain and roast kabocha.
One last thing…
Hope you had a wonderful birthday Daddy! Love you.
Questions of the day…
Do you use PB2?
Running in the rain… yay or no way?
Have you made/tried kabocha squash?
What did you do this weekend?