Well a promise is a promise!
There are few bars and snacks that I buy in a package. But I definitely don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen making fancy shmancy snacks. I made these cranberry almond bars for snacking this week. They are super easy and a healthy on-the-go snack.
I love the combination of cranberry and almonds and the shredded coconut brings out the nutty flavor. Yum! They are particularly delicious shmeared with nut butter.
Cranberry Almond Bars
Ingredients (6 bars)
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats – gluten free if necessary
- 2 tbsp. unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp. unsweetened dried cranberries, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a food processor, grind the almonds until coarsely chopped.
3. Mix the yogurt with the honey, and cinnamon.
4. Add yogurt mixture to the food processor and mix until a paste-like mixture forms.
5. In a separate bowl, mix the oats, coconut and cranberries.
6. Add the yogurt mixture to the oats and combine.
7. Line a 5×7 loaf pan with tin foil and coat with cooking spray.
8. Transfer mixture into pan; spread out evenly and flatten (I may or may not have used my hands…)
9. Bake in the oven for 15 to 18 minutes (until the edges are golden brown).
10. Allow to cool and set.
11. Cut into 6 bars/squares and enjoy… store in the fridge for about a week.
Per serving (1 out of 6 bars): 130 calories, 13g carbs, 8g fat, 6g protein, 6g sugar
What do you think about store-bought granola bars? Any ones I should try?
Do you make your own granola bars or snacks?