A combination of sweet and savory, these pancakes are delish. But I do hope you like carrots, otherwise steer clear. I kinda felt like a rabbit after devouring these. The greek yogurt topping is almost like cream cheese frosting… almost.
Hope you enjoy!
Carrot Cake PancakesIngredients (Makes one serving – four pancakes)
- 2 tbsp. oat flour (make by pulsing about a 1/4 cup regular rolled oats in a food processor – be sure to use certified gluten free oats if necessary)
- 1 tbsp. coconut flour
- 1 tbsp. unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/3 cup liquid egg whites
- 3/4 cup carrots, shredded (about 3 medium carrots peeled & pulsed in a food processor)
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (optional)
- Toppings galore! (cinnamon, more carrots, raisins, walnuts, shredded coconut…)
- cooking spray
- In a medium bowl, combine oat flour, coconut flour, shredded coconut, baking powder and cinnamon.
- Add the egg whites and carrots to the flour mixture and mix well.
- Heat a sprayed (or non-stick) skillet over medium-high heat.
- Use a spoon to drop the batter into the skillet (about 1/4 cup each) forming four pancakes. Flatten the pancakes so they cook through.
- When you start to see the bottom turning golden brown (about 4 minutes) flip pancakes.
- Continue cooking until the underside is golden brown (about 3 minutes).
- Transfer to a plate and top with greek yogurt and toppings of your choice.
- Dig in and enjoy!
For 4 pancakes & 1/2 cup Greek yogurt: 319 calories, 34g carbs, 30g protein, 6g fat, 7g sugar (via MyFitnessPal)