Good morning friends! Hope your weekend is off to a fabulous start. Just popping in with a quick recipe.
I love having a stack of protein pancakes after my workout. I am constantly trying to improve recipes and flavors and I am finally happy with these pancakes! They are super easy, healthy and yummy. Hope you enjoy!
Easy Protein Pancakes
Ingredients (Makes one serving – four pancakes)
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tbsp brown rice protein powder – I use North Coast Naturals
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup mashed banana
- ¼ cup liquid egg whites
- ⅓ cup non-dairy milk (I use unsweetened almond milk or hemp milk)
1. In a medium bowl, combine the brown rice powder, coconut flour and baking powder. In a separate bowl, combine the mashed banana, egg whites and milk.
2. Add banana mixture to the dry mixture and mix well – until fully incorporated and set aside.
3. Heat a large skillet/pan over low heat and grease with cooking spray.
4. Once hot, use a spoon to drop batter into the skillet — forming three large pancakes (about ¼ cup of batter for each).
5. Cook on low for about 4 minutes – when you start to see the edges bubble and the underside turn golden brown it is ready to flip.
6. Cook on the other side for another 3 minutes – until golden brown.
7. Transfer to a plate, add your toppings and enjoy!
Are you a protein pancake fan?
What do you like to have after a workout?