There’s nothing like starting your week with a hearty and delicious breakfast — and the smell that will engulf your kitchen is the added bonus!
This fruit, nut & seed granola is filled with goodness; like healthy fats and a plethora of vitamins and minerals. More good news? You betcha! It’s also gluten and refined-sugar free– sweetened with organic, natural honey. The dried fruit I use are unsulphured and sweetened with apple sauce or nothing at all. If you are “sugar-conscious” then be sure to stick to this kind of dried fruit (dried fruit is already high in natural sugars).
Fruit, Nut & Seed Granola
Ingredients (Makes a mason jar full)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup almonds, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup cashews, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds, shelled
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds, shelled
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, combine almonds through sesame seeds. Set aside.
3. In a small saucepan, bring honey and coconut oil to a boil, stirring to ensure it does not burn.
4. Lower the heat; stir in cinnamon and vanilla and remove from heat.
5. Pour the honey mixture on the nuts and seeds and stir to coat.
6. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and evenly spread mixture out.
7. Bake at 250 for 50 minutes, stirring/shifting the mixture every 10 minutes or so.
8. Remove from the oven and transfer back into the bowl; add raisins, cranberries and coconut.
9. Stir to combine and allow to cool.
10. Enjoy on its’ own, with yogurt, oatmeal or topped on smoothies… you name it!
Feel free to substitute nuts or dried fruit of choice.
To chop the nuts, I placed them in a large plastic baggy and used a kitchen hammer/mallet –> this thing to smash the nuts into smaller pieces.
Are you a granola fan?