Hi everyone! Happy Canada Day and happy Monday! Notice anything different around here?! Hope you like it :)
I love salmon and make it prettyyyy often. I simply bake it in the oven with a few spices and that’s it! The key for delicious salmon: do not over-cook it! The flesh should be opaque, not shiny, but it should not be too flaky either. Pictured below is a dinner I made for some friends but when I am cooking for one, I make myself a fillet of about 6-8 ounces. If you’re making more than that, experiment with the measurements indicated in the recipe. Enjoy!
Easy Baked Salmon
Ingredients (Makes one serving)
- 1 salmon filet (6-8 ounces) – wild is ideal
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- pinch of garlic salt and pepper
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Line a baking sheet with tin foil and place the salmon fillet on the sheet.
3. Combine the lemon juice, oregano, garlic salt and pepper and brush on fillet.
4. Bake the salmon for approx. 12 minutes: the cooking time will depend on the thickness of the salmon. The best way to check is simply cut into it: if the flesh is opaque (and no longer shiny) then it is done. It should not flake apart, that means it is overcooked.
5. Remove from oven, serve with roasted veggies and enjoy!