As promised from this morning:
A nearly-empty peanut butter jar makes me so happy…
Because you can make this!
Overnight oats are a great make-ahead breakfast and easily customizable. This is what I normally do but feel free to change things up – try adding a different kind of seed, adding some cinnamon or vanilla extract.
Overnight Oats in a Peanut Butter Jar
Ingredients (Makes one serving)
- 1 nearly-empty peanut butter jar (or any other nut butter jar!)
- 1/3 cup old fashioned oats – gluten free if necessary
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds
- additional toppings (I used banana, blueberries, raspberries)
1. Combine all the ingredients (except for additional toppings) in the jar.
2. Refrigerate overnight — this lets all the flavors combine together and thicken.
3. When ready to eat, stir, add any additional toppings and enjoy :)
So simple, yet a perfect healthy, make-ahead, on-the-go meal or snack.