Just popping in for a quick post to share my yummy breakfast yesterday.
I have been trying to get additional protein in the morning (I find my tummy grumbling by 10am) so I added egg whites to my traditional bowl of oatmeal! I have been reading a lot of different recipes and I have finally found a combination that I like. This one is adapted from Morganne at Nut Butter Runner. It’s not pretty, but it sure is tasty and satisfying.
PB & Banana “French Toast”
- 1/4 cup old fashioned rolled oats – gluten free if necessary
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup of liquid egg whites
- 1 tsp of pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 sliced banana
1. Mix all ingredients in a microwave safe bowl.
2. Microwave for 2 minutes, stop and stir.
3. Microwave for an additional 2 minutes and 30 seconds.
4. Stir and enjoy!
What is your favorite protein-packed breakfast?