I hope you all are having a lovely weekend. Can I make it even better?
I am not a fabulous baker but I was inspired by Lexi’s Clean Kitchen to whip up some chocolate chip cookies – sans dairy and grain. I have tried many other Paleo-dessert recipes that have failed miserably but this turned out super well. Easy and delicious. Hope you enjoy!
Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies
Adapted from Lexi’s Clean Kitchen
Ingredients (Makes 24 cookies)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line two baking sheets with parchment paper or a silpat.
2. In a medium bowl, combine almond flour, coconut flour, salt and baking soda.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, coconut oil, honey and vanilla until fully combined.
4. Add egg mixture to the flour mixture until combined.
5. Gently fold in chocolate chips.
6. Drop 12 heaping tablespoon measures of batter onto each baking sheet and lightly press down in the center.
7. Bake for 10 minutes, until the bottoms start to turn golden brown.
8. Remove from oven and let cool 2-3 minutes before transferring to a wire rack. They will be soft when removed from oven but firm up in a couple of minutes.
I also thought that this would be a good time to explain the meaning behind the name of my blog. Here is the breakdown:
Little: I am five feet tall (or short)
Honey: I LOVE DESSERTS… but for GI and general health reasons, I have really tried to eliminate all added sugars from my diet so I now only sweeten/bake with honey.
Bee: I am a busy girl! (like you, I bet)
Special thanks to my good friend Ruby for helping me come up with the name.
I would love to hear from you! Please share your favourite recipe in the comment box.