I found “What Would John Mack Eat” on Instagram a few weeks ago and I am so glad I did. He posts the most deliciousssss looking food and his story is seriously inspirational. It really proves the amazing impact eating the right food can have on your body. Stephanie is a fellow Toronto blogger with some serious nutrition knowledge and cooking skills! I have literally been stalking her blog for the past week and I’m thinking a meet-up needs to happen. I am really excited to get to know these two wonderful people even more!
So back to the Liebster Award – I’m sure you have heard of it before. But if not, it is intended to share the blogging love. It allows bloggers connect with each other and of course for bloggers and readers to find new blogs to
stalk read. The “rules” of the award are to thank the blogger(s) who nominated you (I did), answer the questions you were asked, nominate other blogs, post questions for the nominees to answer and inform the nominees that they have been nominated.
John Mack and Stephanie both asked five questions. I did a little combining so my answers are easy to follow and make sense.
What inspired you to eat and cook healthy? (JM)
If you’ve been hanging around here for awhile (thank you!) you probably know this answer. But the short version is that I gained some weight, was feeling crappy and wanted to do something about it. It has certainly been a journey but I am inspired to eat and cook healthy foods in order to nourish my body to do everything I love to do and feel awesome.
Who or what inspired your very own health journey? (S)
Honestly, I inspired myself. I think that if you want to make the change then it has to be inspired from within.
What made you want to start blogging? (JM)
They say to start new hobbies when you undergo change so that’s what I did. I graduated from university and moved back home. I just lost a lot of weight and was figuring out how to “be healthy”. I wanted to share my healthy living journey and passion for fitness and nutrition so I started to write. Best decision.
What is your favorite food to cook and eat? (JM)
I obviously love to cook eggs – partly because they are easy but mostly because they are delicious and versatile.
What is your all time favorite recipe that you go back to over and over again? (S)
Hm… I have been making my shredded chicken easily every week for the past two months. I know two months is not “all time”, but ya know.
What is your go to post workout meal? Are you a shake or meal kind of person? (S)
I am definitely a food person but I have been thinking about trying a shake. Typically after a workout I have a hard boiled egg and banana. Then I shower, get ready and eat a larger meal when I am hungry again.
Who are some of your favorite healthy food bloggers? (JM)
What do you wish to accomplish with your blog? (JM)
I’m not entirely sure. I do have some ideas – I hope my blog helps me to begin some sort of career in nutrition, health coaching or consulting. But the honest truth? I just hope my blog can inspire one person to make a change in their life for the better – to try a new vegetable, to do something outside of their fitness comfort zone or to look in the mirror and say: “damn I’m gorgeous.”
How do you incorporate balance in your own life? (S)
I aim to make healthy choices using real ingredients the majority of the time and that’s what works for me. I indulge here and there and that’s what makes me, me. I balance vodka with veggies, running with rest, CrossFit with yoga, nourishing treats with not-so nourishing treats.
How do you define health? (S)
I love this question. My definition of health has definitely evolved over time. I used to think 100-calorie this, low-fat that and hours on the elliptical was what “being healthy” meant. No more. I believe health is nourishing your body with real food, sweating because it feels good and loving your awesome self.
My nominees are:
- Deryn at Running on Real Food – Deryn is the nicest person and one of my favorite recipe creators. She is my go-to source for amazing, homemade snacks. When I find myself in Western Canada, I know Deryn and I will hit her CrossFit box, eat something delicious and laugh over a good drink.
- Meghan at The Lyon’s Share – Meghan is one of my biggest nutrition inspirations. She encouraged me to go back to school and follow my passion. I love reading Meghan’s posts (and love Meghan). She provides so much insight and motivation.
- Kim at Busy Bod – Kim’s blog is awesome. She is genuinely herself and always inspires me to get sweaty and fit some yoga into my schedule. Kim is so loving and caring and I can’t wait to visit her and John in Boston once they move there.
- Allie at Running on Peanut Butter – Allie is freaking hilarious. Yes her blog title is obviously awesome but there so much more to her than running and peanut butter: she loves CrossFit, eating nutritious food, learning about herself, helping others and all around just makes me giggle like a school girl.
- Morganne at Nut Butter Runner – Morganne and I would probably be inseparable if we lived in the same city. I have so much love for this awesome woman. If you don’t read about her running adventures, nourishing eats, food prep, life adventures and motivational posts – you are missing it.
If you lovely, wonderful and inspirational ladies have some time… here are my questions for you:
1. Who/what inspires you in the kitchen? Who/what inspires you in the gym? (or other fitness space)
2. What is the strangest thing in your gym bag (or purse) right now… and why is it there?!
3. If you were stranded on an island and could only take three foods, what three would you take and why?
4. Savory or sweet – and why?!
5. How have you changed since beginning your blog?
Questions of the day…
Tell me a bit more about yourself – answer one/two/three/all of the questions!
Keep in touch:
Twitter –> @thelilhoneybee
Instagram –> thelittlehoneybee
Facebook –> The Little Honey Bee
Pinterest –> thelilhoneybee
Bloglovin –> The Little Honey Bee
You might also like: