Today seemed like as good a day as any to link up with Amanda and think out loud – a weekly celebration of random and disjointed thoughts, just because. I always love to read “Thinking Out Loud” posts but have been hesitant about doing one myself. Confidence.
So here I go…
1. I hate wasting food. Over the past few days, I’ve had a couple recipe fails. Like inedible recipe fails. Throwing out food bothers me to no end. It makes me sad that I failed but more sad that someone, somewhere else in the world (or even a few blocks away) is hungry and I threw out food. Blah. Worst.
2. It’s freakin’ freezing here. I am so over winter. At Crossfit the other day, we were using a hair dryer to warm our hands. It’s that cold. Can we please fast forward to April?
3. I have been scouring the Internet in search of the perfect travelling backpack. Lesley and I are going to Peru next month and I don’t want to check baggage (with all of our connecting flights, it will for sure get lost) so I am looking for a backpack. So far I like this one.
4. The Biggest Loser makes me cry every.single.episode. Without fail. Did anyone watch on Tuesday night? Oh. my. gosh. Makeover week! It warms my heart seeing how far the contestants have come from week one. Not just the physical challenges, but their emotional journey is inspiring and one I can definitely relate to. Love Rachel.
5. Have you tried Trader Joe’s dark chocolate honey mints? I’m addicted. They are like a York Peppermint Pattie, minus the junk ingredients. They just contain honey, chocolate liquor and peppermint oil extract. So. Good. Americans… buy these. Then send me a bag. K thanks.
6. I think I want to join a gym. Right now my only fitness expense is Crossfit. Oh don’t get me wrong, it aint cheap but I am bored with just Crossfit and yoga and it’s too cold to run outside. If I can find a gym for $40-ish per month I think I’m going to do it. Thoughts?
7. I actually feel badly for our mayor. I am sure you have heard about our lovely mayor, Rob Ford. Well if you haven’t, he’s kind of into crack. And alcohol. Oh and he has the unfortunate luck of all of his antics being caught on video. Oy vey Mayor Ford. So sad. I do hope he goes and gets the help he needs. Oh and then fixes our subway system.
8. Speaking of the Biggest Loser… Jillian Michaels is seriously awesome. She’s one tough cookie (obvs) and is kinda my fitness idol. I love her attitude and yes her body is awesome.
9. I had a job interview yesterday. Just seeing where it might lead.
10. Eggs. I eat a lot of eggs.
Okay so other than the lack of pics, that was fun!
Questions of the day…
What are you thinking out loud today?
Any recommendations on a travel backpack?!
You might also like: