Hi friends! Happy Wednesday! I have to tell ya that I’ve had some pretty yummy things lately (if I do say so myself). Thanks, as always, to the lovely Jenn for hosting this foodie party.

So it’s no secret that I like breakfast. Like a lot. And like pancakes for that matter. Like a lot. And we can’t forget about bananas and peanut butter. So yeah. Basically this recipe is my foodie heaven. I posted the recipe on Instagram but it’s just so delicious (and easy obvs) so I had to share it on da blog: coconut banana pancake.

Coconut flour is my favorite flour to use for pancakes; it makes them so fluffy!

Coconut Banana Pancake-update

Coconut Banana Pancake

Ingredients

• 1/2 a banana, mashed
  • 1 egg
  • 2 tbsp liquid egg whites
  • 1 tbsp coconut flour

Instructions

1. Combine all ingredients together in a medium bowl.

2. Heat and grease  (I used cooking spray) a small pan over medium hight heat.

3. Pour batter into the pan.

4. After about 3 minutes (until the underside is golden brown) flip pancake.

5. After about 2 minutes (yup golden brown) remove from pan, top with rest of banana and PB… or whatever else your heart desires… and enjoy!

Per serving (entire recipe with rest of banana and 1 tbsp of PB): 320 calories, 34g carbs, 17g protein, 14g fat aka good fat, 17g sugar aka natural sugar (via MyFitnessPal)

WIAWbutton

Okay now back to the rest of my eats as of late:

On yoga mornings, I bring breakfast to work… thus the tupperware. Overnight oats is my go-to make ahead breaky. In this mix: rolled oats, almond milk, slivered almonds, almond butter, raisins… all topped off with some freshly picked raspberries — grabbed some of the last berries when Davida and I went apple picking. It aint pretty but it’s tasty.

Overnight oats

Another tupperware-breakfast-at-my-desk… idea courtesy of Lucie… eggy oats (egg whites scrambled with cinnamon and rolled oats) plus kabocha topped with almond butter. I just reheated it in the morning. Actually amazing.

Kabocha eggy oats

Okay onto some lunchtime eats: I’ve been packing this tomato lentil soup

— it’s so hearty and comforting. [photo was taken pre-tupperware]

Tomato lentil soup

But I did enjoy a lunch out of the office recently at one of my favorite places: Aroma. They have amazing sandwiches, salads and soups. I got the chopped salad (cucumber, carrot and tomato) and added grilled chicken.

Aroma Salad

Cinnamon cocoa almonds and pears/apples have been making regular snack appearances.

Pear and almonds

Such an under-rated yet amazing snack… ants on a log (aka raisins with PB on celery) and yes I even used crunchy PB!

Ants on a log

And I officially killed my Trader Joe’s trail mix bag… thank you Emmy’s.

Trail mix

This was seriously the best dinner I’ve made in awhile and it was ready in 30 minutes. Boom. Baked salmon

with balsamic glazed brussel sprouts and roasted kabocha.

Salmon kabocha brussels

I’ve also been devouring this bean and sweet potato stew I whipped up as part of my food prep this weekend… I totally winged it but it turned out to be delicious! It’s warm, filling, and a great make-ahead meal… just prep and re-heat. That’s what I’ve been doing because who really wants to cook post-9-to-5?

Bean & SP Stew1

Recipe tomorrow!

On a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being the best!) how much do you love pancakes?

Tell us something yummy you’ve eaten lately!

66 thoughts on “Coconut Banana Pancake {paleo} [WIAW 14]

1. Chelsea's Healthy Kitchen

I like pancakes, but I don’t make them enough because I love oatmeal so much! But banana + PB (well, almond butter for me) is seriously one of my favourite flavour combos to have in my breakfast, so I need to try this pancake!

Something good I’ve eaten lately is my oatmeal with figs and almond butter that I’m eating right now!

2. Nicole @ FruitnFitness

Your eats all sound good! I like pancakes but they don’t make appearances too often, i think i’m too attached to my morning oatmeal. (And as i’m writing this I see Chelsea agrees!) I’m excited for the recipe, I love having soups and stews waiting to just be reheated when getting off work.

3. Natasha

Pancakes for me = 3
    However, on the other hand, WAFFLES = 10000000
    I don’t know why, but waffles just speak to my soul somehow haha :)
    Although, your pancake does look rather delicious, but sadly my body hatesssss, and I mean HATES coconut flour. TMI, but my body like won’t digest it well at all, which makes me very sad!

Best thing I ate lately = really good greasy pizza :)

Have a great day xoxo

4. busybodblog

Yes! Another use for the coconut flour in my life. Balsamic glazed brussel sprouts sounds amazing and that stew looks delicious. Can you please just come live with me and cook all my food? K thanks <3

Mmmm, 1 to 10, I love them a 5. But WAFFLES, that’s like a 20 for me, Ahh just seeing that Natasha said the same thing. We should be blog friends. Anyway as usual, beautiful meals. When we meet, you gotta teach me how to take such awesome pictures WITH an iPhone. xo

6. liftsleepeat

Pancakes definitely a 10!! Yummmm! It’s been too long since I’ve had any though; since I got a waffle maker I’ve been on a major waffle kick! Coconut flour is my favourite flour to use too, so yummy!

7. Megan (The Lyons' Share)

As usual, I’m drooling! I love “eggy oats” … try adding some canned pumpkin in there for some extra volume and deliciousness! Yumm, pancakes are probably a 9, but I just don’t make them very often! Best thing I ate recently was a delicious homemade soup last night!

8. makingthymeforhealth

You are like my food soulmate. Everything you eat looks so fresh and delicious. Can I some stay with you so you can cook for me? I’d be fine doing yoga and eating oats from Tupperware.

Seriously though, I’ll be checking out that soup recipe and I’m excited to see the bean stew recipe too. Both look so yummy!

9. Cat

So right now (thanks to your beautiful food presentation) I’m living pancakes so much I may just make them for dinner. Yes I love brinner too! The most yummy thing I’ve eaten recently was a pretty spectacular steak – tastes so much better when someone else makes it!

10. Alisha's Appetite

Oh my goodness I NEED coconut flour i can’t take it anymore! And I really need to start just bringing my breakfast to work…I spend way too long eating it at home in the morning and then I’m usually running a few minutes behind hahaah. The rest of your week’s eats look so delicious- especially that salmon. Seriously!

1. Amy Post author

This morning was so rushed for me.. I inhaled my oatmeal in order to make it to work on time. As I was driving I wished I just had a smoothie in the car. #foodieproblems (yes I hashtag on comments)

11. Arman @ thebigmansworld

Pancakes are so gross.

I don’t think that scale accommodates my love for it- and completely agree- coconut flour is the ONLY flour to use for them- nothing compares! I hope crunchy continues to make more of an appearance ;)

1. Amy Post author

We can catch our own salmon from the great barrier reef! I find coconut flour more sweet than coconutty. You can usually find it at bulk food stores so maybe grab a small bag of it to try it out? With the banana, peanut butter and other add-ins the coconut flavor is not overpowering but I do like coconut. I hope this is somewhat helpful :)

12. Amanda @ .running with spoons.

I love coconut flour, but I find it to be -so- difficult to work with! The few times I’ve tried making pancakes with it, I ended up getting the flour to liquid ratio all wrong and my pancakes just wouldn’t hold together. They were still delicious though.

13. ahealthyhappyhome

I’ve made pancakes very similar to this and they are so good! Love coconut flour! I have never been a fan of brussel sprouts but your look amazing! I might have to try them out as I really want to like them so finding a yummy way to cook them might help :-)

14. Pingback: WIAW #16 – Blogger Recipe Round-Up |

15. Pingback: Weekly Meal & Workout Plan: January 19-25, 2014 ‹ The Little Honey Bee

16. Pingback: Fueling the Body: Eat. All. The. Food. ‹ The Little Honey Bee

17. Pingback: Weekly Meal & Workout Plan: February 2 – 8 & Spill It Sunday ‹ The Little Honey Bee

18. Pingback: Food Photography Tips from a Newbie Food Photographer ‹ The Little Honey Bee

19. Pingback: Weekend Links! | What Would John Mack Eat?

20. Pingback: Adding {Healthy} Fats to Your Diet {Fit Tip Tuesday} ‹ The Little Honey Bee