Happy Hump-Day friends!
I can’t believe this is my TENTH week of What I Ate Wednesday posts. Are you totally bored of seeing what I eat? It’s not particularly exciting. But I do have a recipe for you today!
This is what I ate on Saturday, when I ran my race. [In case you missed it, I ran my first 10K — click here for the recap] Oh and everything is on the same place-mat… oops!
Well, let’s get to it…
What I Ate
Wednesday On Race Day
Snack: I made two bars over the weekend as part of my food prep. [These] and these apricot walnut bars. I had one later on in the morning with a nectarine. [not pictured] My tummy was grumbling after all that running!
They are seriously soft and delicious and oh-so-easy to make.
Apricot Walnut Bars
Adapted from Ingredients of a Fit Chick
Ingredients (6 bars)
- 1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats – gluten free if necessary
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp crushed walnuts
- 2 tbsp flax seeds
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1 small banana, mashed
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup apricots, chopped into small/bite-size pieces
1. Pre heat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line a 5×7 inch loaf pan with tin foil and coat with cooking spray
3. In a bowl, mix oats, almond flour, walnuts, cinnamon, flax seeds and cinnamon.
4. In a separate bowl whisk together eggs, mashed banana and vanilla extract.
5. Combine wet and dry ingredients and mix well.
6. Fold in apricot pieces.
7. Pour batter into your baking pan.
8. Bake for 15 minutes
9. Allow to cool and set.
10. Cut into 6 bars and enjoy… or store in the fridge for about a week… or freeze.
Per serving (1 out of 6 bars): 168 calories, 18g carbs, 8g fat, 6g protein, 9g sugar
Late lunch: Okay back to the food… I was pretty full from my morning but had an egg white scramble with spinach and peppers and a bowl of fruit later in the day.
Dinner: I had dinner with the fam and as per usual we had roast chicken. We eat a lot of chicken… not that I’m complaining! Also for dinner: broccoli and a sweet potato, with cinnamon.
Dessert: A sister ice-cream date was in order! After sampling far too many flavors, I was finally satisfied with mint chocolate chip on the bottom and coconut on top.
A yummy day after a great race!
As always, thanks to Jenn for hosting the deliciousness.
BE REAL WITH ME…
Be real with me #1: Do you like WIAW posts?! I will not take any offence.
Be real with me #2: Do you want me to continue posting nutrition facts for recipes? I try to calculate them for as many recipes as possible because I know counting calories are helpful in some people’s journeys — it’s helpful for me!