Hi friends! Thank you, thank you, thank you sooo much for all of your congratulatory comments and support about my race. The entire experience and your kind words have truly motivated me. I foresee a lot more running in my future and I will certainly keep you updated.
I thought I would show my appreciation with a yummy recipe… hope that works with you :)
Last week, I tried and made tilapia for the first time ever! Yay. I love trying and making new food but sometimes I just get lazy and fall into a bit of a rut; eating the same things over and over… hello… chicken and veggies. While easy and good-for-me, this can get boring pretty fast.
I have a bunch of things I want to try/make. I think experimenting with new foods and workouts is a huge part of my ongoing journey. Thank you bloggers and readers for all the inspiration!
But back to the tilapia… Tilapia is a species of freshwater fish, high in protein and omega-3 fatty acids. [Source] It’s light, tender and seriously makes a delicious, Island-inspired dinner. Sorry little fishy but I was hungry!
I had no idea how this dinner was going to turn out because I was totally wingin’ it. But it was easily one of my favorite meals I’ve eaten in awhile. Don’t you love when that happens?
After I snapped a photo for Instagram (obvs) and chowed down I quickly typed up the recipe for all of you… and so I could make it again too.
You know it’s good when my dad thought it was delicious… success!
The seasoning is super simple, which allows the fish to shine. The dressing is light and fresh; just right for mango, avocado and tomato. I also added some brussel sprouts on the side — just tossed them in olive oil and balsamic, baked for 30 minutes at 400F, flipping halfway through.
Hope you enjoy this easy peasy, super healthy, yummy meal too!
Baked Lemon Tilapia & Mango Salad
Ingredients (One serving — easily doubled, tripled quadrupled for more people)
For the Tilapia
- 1 piece of fresh tilapia (mine was about 6 ounces)
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 3 lemon slices
- garlic salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
For the Salad
- 1/2 cup fresh mango, cubed
- 1/2 an avocado, cubed
- 1/2 a tomato, cubed
For the Salad Dressing
- 1 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. honey
- pinch of pepper
For the Tilapia
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Spray an oven-safe dish with cooking spray and place your piece of fish in the dish.
3. Pour 1 tbsp. of lemon juice over the fish and sprinkle with garlic salt and pepper (a little goes a long way)
3. Top with lemon slices.
4. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes — depending on the thickness of your piece (you want the fish to flake apart when you cut into it but not dry)
For the Salad
1. While the tilapia is baking, assemble your salad.
2. Mix all the dressing ingredients together in a bowl.
3. Coat mango, avocado and tomato with dressing and toss.
Serve your fish with the salad and enjoy!
So easy right? Tilapia is relatively inexpensive too… doubly whammy!
Do you like fish/seafood? What’s your favorite?
Do you ever feel like you are making the same things over and over?
You might also like: