Hi busy bees! How are you today? I am very happy that the week is almost over — it’s been a long one. But I do have something new to share :) For those of you 9-5ers confined to a desk all day this post is definitely for you.
Awhile back, I wrote about my new-found pains from sitting at a desk all day and some things I do to keep my mind and body sane. [Refresher: read here] Being new to the working world this was definitely an adjustment for me.
Well I decided that something needed to change a bit more drastically because even with these healthy steps (stretching, walks at lunch etc) my back and shoulders still ached. And no I didn’t quit my job. So…
It was time to invest in a balance ball chair! [no that's not me... I would not wear those sandals.] I ordered this chair from Gaiam because I love some of their other products [like this yoga towel] but there were a few speed bumps along the way:
1. It took 6 weeks and a phone call before I actually received the chair. Apparently the first chair was “lost” in the mail. How do you lose a box this big?
2. Of course I had to put the chair together myself and the Ikea-esque instructions were not ideal… I need words people! And no, I did not crumple the page in frustration — it arrived this way.
3. So once I got the base put together it was time to pump up the ball. Oh wait. The pump was faulty.
Okay now that we’ve dealt with that; the good:
- Receiving a package at work is so exciting! And the delivery man was the sweetest person alive… he wished me a happy birthday!! Adorable.
- Once I got over my fear of construction, it was relatively easy to put together. Yes the lack of working pump posed a challenge but thankfully the one I had at home did the trick!
- It’s been four days and I absolutely LOVE THE CHAIR!
- The first day was a tough transition because I really wanted to slouch and my back was engaged allll day — a little tiring at first… but there is a back so I can recline if I really want to.
- But my butt has not been this happy in awhile, my shoulders are feeling awesome and my posture is Kate Middleton status — score!
- Seriously, it’s great.
- I don’t have to worry about adjusting the chair’s height because my body weight sinks into the ball and creates the perfect height.
- Goodbye annoying arm rests that interfere with my constant typing!
- I may or may not have done a few mini-office workouts with my new ball…
Happy working girl :)
P.S. Today is the last day to enter the Energybits giveaway! Don’t forget :)
I will be announcing the winner tomorrow morning along with a yummy recipe for Cauliflower Fried Rice!
Do you sit at a desk all day?
What are some strategies you do in order to keep your body feeling good?
Thoughts on a balance ball chair?!
You might also like: